We recommend setting up the iTunes account on the teacher computer and creating an iTunes account as a No Credit card account.
1. First time iTunes setup (if not already done when iTunes was installed):
a. Go to Start | Computer | Double click C:\ drive.
b. Create a new folder on the C: drive called LocaliTunes. Create a folder inside that called LocalPictures.
c. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and Launch iTunes.
d. Choose Create a Library.
e. Navigate to the LocaliTunes folder you just created on the C: drive and open it. Name your library and click Save.
2. Go to the App Store in the list at the left.
3. Find a free app such as Dragon Dictation.
4. Click install
5. Create new account.
6. Use you district firstname.lastname@example.org
a. Go to the App store and find a free educational app to download.
b. You will be asked to set up your iTunes account.
c. Use your email@example.com as the account name.
7. New: The security question section has changed.
a. You choose from a list of questions. You may choose any question and any answer you like.
b. If asked for a birthday, enter what you want.
c. Uncheck boxes so you don't get a ton of emails
d. Click Continue.
e. When asked for what type of credit card, click the circle next to None.
8. Go to district email to retrieve account email from Apple.
9. Verify the email
10. Your app will not be downloaded so you will have to go out and get it again.
11. Quit iTunes.
Note: It is best to do your app purchasing while using iTunes on your computer, rather than purchasing and downloading from your device.